A VA Interest Rate Reduction Refinance Loan (IRRRL) is often referred to as a VA Streamline and is an opportunity to refinance your VA loan to lower your interest rate, or to move from an adjustable rate to a fixed rate with little or no out-of-pocket costs.
According to the US Department of Veteran Affairs:
- No appraisal or credit underwriting package is required when applying for an IRRRL.
- An IRRRL may be done with “no money out of pocket” by including all costs in the new loan or by making the new loan at an interest rate high enough to enable the lender to pay the costs.
- When refinancing from an existing VA ARM loan to a fixed rate loan, the interest rate may increase.
- No lender is required to give you an IRRRL, however, any VA lender of your choosing may process your application for an IRRRL.
- You may NOT receive any cash from the loan proceeds.
Call or email today to get started!